Saturday, June 2, 2012

Unique Wedding Accessories

Everyone wants to have a unique wedding. That is exactly what we did. It was unique, yet traditional. To me it was all about the details! Until the professional photos come in, this is what I have for now!


Our Guestbook were river rocks. We had our guest sign our rocks with well wishes. Some even drew pictures on them! We use permanent acrylic pens so the ink will rub off. 







Our Centerpieces were so beautiful and unique.I had tall vases wrapped in pink ribbon with a bouquet of Baby's Breath! They were stunning! Again, bear with me. I will update photos once I receive them from our Photographer!



My Sister made me such a beautiful aisle runner. We got the runner from Joanne's fabric, and ordered the decals online. In the middle of the runner, she put our monogram on it for us. So I never realized it, but our monogram actually spells SAD! She was so upset, and I thought it was hilarious. Always good to have some humor at a wedding! It basically started out by saying "Once in a lifetime, right in the middle of an ordinary life, love gives us a fairytale." SAD was in the middle of the runner lol, and then at the end it said "And they lived happily ever after." Come on! That is so cute and hilarious! She did a great job and I really appreciate it!




This is our adorable Cake Topper. It was custom made by such a lovely woman in the UK. I can't express my gratitude towards this artist. So many people were talking about this cake topper. She actually tailored the cake topper to look just like my dress! My husband's hair looks exactly like that! I am so impressed. You can find her at the following URL:



Our cake was done by a company in MT. Kisco, NY called The Pastry Corner. The owner is so sweet and very accommodating. She is also honest and very reliable! We not only got so many compliments on the appearance of our cake, but everyone was also raving about the taste of it! It was a white cake with this amazing raspberry mousse filling rolled in fondant icing! 

Check out the cake Artist sketch and then final product! You can find the Pastry Corner on facebook:





For our Cake Table, I ordered a set of two forks on Etsy.com. One of the forks said "I do" and the other one said "Me Too." It was also engraved with our names on the side. You can order them online here: 







For our Wedding Card Box we also had that custom made on Etsy. This woman is very talented, and quite reasonable! She was able to incorporate my vision! You can find her on Etsy here:




For my ring bearer aka my nephew, my sister made this beautiful sign that said "I have the rings." On the back of the sign, it says "Just Married." We had him flip it over at the end of the ceremony, and he walked out with us. 





And speaking of my adorable nephew... I had him hand my husband to be a note while he was walking down the aisle just before we got married. I will share it with you.... Please excuse my horrible handwriting! I ordered the tag on Etsy.com. Check out the seller: http://www.etsy.com/shop/ifiwerecards?ref=seller_info

On the front...
 On the back...

So the night before the wedding, I gave my Mother-in-law a personalized hankie, and my husband gave my Mom a personalized one as well. I ordered the embroidered handkerchief on Etsy.com, and personalized it myself. I highly recommend this vendor because she was quick, and professional, and her quality of work is great! http://www.etsy.com/shop/sophieli?ref=seller_info

I made this image large so you can read what we wrote on it. It might appear off centered on my blog.








On the bottom of my shoes, I ordered these cute blue rhinestones online that say I Do. This was my something blue... Now the funny part... On accident, I flip flopped the decals and it read Do I? I didn't even notice it until the day of the wedding when my photographer pointed it out! Haha!

I ordered them on Etsy.com from:



I ordered these adorable champagne charms online for the big day. And guess what? I ordered them from Etsy.com! http://www.etsy.com/shop/craftyaddictions?ref=seller_info



I also bought these personalized flutes on Etsy.com from 
They were perfect and affordable for us!

For my Bridesmaids gifts, I bought these personalized pocket mirrors on Etsy.com http://www.etsy.com/shop/HoneyBunnyPaperie?ref=seller_info


I purchased these cute ivory wedding floral dress gift bags for the mirrors on Etsy from 


I created a personalized note from each of my bridesmaids by using a template online through www.avery.com. You can find a lot of templates on there for various things. 



The rest of the gift and accessories were purchased in the mall. It is a makeup case that they can use when traveling.

For our Wedding Favors, we picked out Wine Bottle Tealights. They are adorable, and unique. I printed out labels from avery.com to stick on each one of them. 





 For the Groomsman, we gave them a Leatherman pocket knife, and a cigar. I am not sure why they were all excited about this gift. I find men to be the hardest to shop for! My husband picked these out.  


For our Ushers, we gave them a personalized zippo with a cigar. Both of them smoke, so this was the perfect gift!!


For our Cake/Knife set we purchased them online at. It was personalized on both the knife and cake server. It was a bit lighter than expected, but still legible! I purchase them from http://www.karenstreasures.com/



For my own accessories, I was in a panic! I forgot all about it, and was so lucky to find the perfect set at Macy's the week of my wedding!

I purchased my tiara on amazon.com. I did not need a really expensive one because I am only going to wear it for one day! I carefully selected the right height for me, and made sure it had some pearls on it. It was perfect for me!


I purchased this plate on Personalization Mall.com It has my entire wedding party, and it is a great keepsake!

I purchased these cute Flower Baskets from Michaels, and I also purchased some rhinestones to bling it up some!


So as I mentioned in a previous post, I designed my wedding programs from front to back. I decided to have them printed on a postcard on Snapfish.com I do not recommend them for weddings though. They kept on printing my order number over my name on the back of the postcard where I had written a Thank You note for our guests. After they screwed up my order the second time, I was desperate, and did not have time for them to send me out a 3rd correction. I had to make a quick decision, so I headed over to Staples, and purchased labels. I had to white out my name/order name on the back of 100 programs, wait for each one to dry, and place a label over each one. It was such a pain!!!!


So this is how it was supposed to look, but unfortunately the order number was written on it!

This is how they came out twice!!! The sad thing is I had taken this up to the Supervisor level, and they still could not get it right!

And here is my quick fix! I finished the last one in the car (I was not driving) on the way to the wedding venue to hand off to our Wedding Coordinator a few days before our wedding.




For my Toss Bouquet, I had written out a note for the Lady who caught it. Unfortunately, my florist forgot to attach the note to the toss bouquet.


I highly recommend using the Knot.com for your wedding website. It is very easy to use. I used it for my checklist, website, budget tracker, guest list, floor-plan, etc... It has great planning tools, and great advice overall! If you are not comfortable using their floor-plan, I am sure your wedding coordinator can provide you one.

From our Wedding Venue Director


From TheKnot.com


So we all know how long it takes to have our photos returned to us and our video! It can be a painful process! A friend of mine was telling me it took her a year for hers to come back! I decided to make these I Spy cards for all of the tables. I asked my guests to take photos of special moments, and provided them an email address to upload them to. 



I was so lucky to find such a great Hair and Makeup Artist! Her name is Allison Sammel, and you can find her on Facebook: 
























No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Me on Pinterest